Registration is now open for the 2012 RSA Conference
Registration is now open for the 2012 RSA Conference, which will be held at the Philadelphia Loews from May 25-28, 2012. The program is shaping up very nicely, and I'm sure you will find the conference engaging and thought-provoking.
If you are interested in attending the conference, please note the following:
1. Register for the conference. If you have received an email invitation to participate in the 2012 conference, you will need to register by February 15, 2012, to confirm your place on the conference program.. If you fail to register by this deadline, you will forfeit your place on the program to one of our alternates. (Non-members of RSA, please read item #5 below before registering.) To register, CLICK HERE!.
2. Reserve a hotel room. The Philadelphia Loews is centrally located amidst the attractions of downtown Philadelphia. To support RSA and assure that the organization doesn't have to pay a fee for too few hotel reservations, please consider reserving a room at the Philadelphia Lowes, which has offered us the following budget-friendly conference rates:
$159/night for single/double occupancy, $184/night for triples, $209/night for quadruples, $359/night for suites To receive these negotiated rates, you must make your reservation before Thursday, April 26, 2012. To make a reservation at the conference hotel, CLICK HERE.
3. Find a roommate. If you'd like to be paired up with another attendee, fill out the "Roommate Request" form, which you will also find on the hotel page of the RSA website.
4. Get Graduate Student Assistance. If you are a graduate student, note on your online registration form that you re applying for one of the Gerard Hauser Research Awards. At least three awardees will receive a $100 travel award and free registration at the conference, and their presentations will be featured in the conference program. By having your abstract accepted, you have been nominated: now, to be considered fully, send a complete version of your conference presentation, as a .doc or .rtf email attachment, to Kimberly Newman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1. Winners will be notified in by April 1.
5. Consider becoming a member. If you are not already a member of RSA, please consider joining, especially because the extra cost of participating as a non-member is slightly higher than a year's membership dues. To review memberships options and/or join, CLICK HERE to access the membership page.Then, once you are a member, you can sign up for the conference at the reduced rate. Note: please allow 24 to 48 hours for your application to be reviewed and processed.
To register online for the 2012 RSA Conference, CLICK HERE!.
PDF version: 2012 Conference Registration Form
To reserve a hotel room, CLICK HERE.
Conference Registration fee refunds will be granted only as follows:
67% refund for those withdrawing by 1 April 2012
33% refund for those withdrawing by 1 May 2012
0% refund for any withdrawals thereafter